Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Historian

I just started reading Elizabeth Kostova's new book, The Historian. So far (40 pages in), this book is excellent & written in the tradition of Dracula by Bram Stoker rather than an Anne Rice-type vampire novel.

Very excited!! Will post full opinion after reading it in its entirety...

After finishing The Historian, I can say that I'd like to buy it even after having finished it! I'd checked it out from the library, but it's so good that I know I'll enjoy re-reading it! The suspense keeps building throughout the book and again, anyone who enjoyed Bram Stoker's style will enjoy Kostova's also. DO NOT let the length discourage you!

Very highly recommended for all vampire buffs and for those who enjoy reading classics and/or historical fiction.

No comments: