Friday, March 17, 2006

A Room of One's Own

I have wanted to read this non-fiction work by Virginia Woolf for about 10-15 years now, but finally just did it! I wish I'd read it earlier, as I think it would have really appealled to my emerging womanhood psyche. However, reading it as an early thirty-something, I find it still hits its mark, reminding me that I need to take time for things that are only important to me, things that are essential to my personal renewal and growth. Also, not to forget my friends and to do things without my husband-to-be. Having outside interests keeps us sane in relationships - and helps said relationships from getting stale.

Must read - especially for young women. I'm not sure it'd have the same effect for men, but I suspect it'd still be worthwhile and thought-provoking.

No comments: