Friday, March 17, 2006

The Nine Tailors

This intriguing mystery by Dorothy L. Sayers is an excellent read! I don't believe this book is the first of her tales starring Lord Peter Wimsey, but it's a great introduction that leaves the reader wondering where he came from and where he's going. I think this makes a terrific foray into Sayers' work! I will admit that The Nine Tailors is the first of her books that I've read personally, but I am looking forward to reading more!

The book takes place in rural England (I can't be more specific, I don't think without making a fool of myself) and has terrific characters and glimpses into the small community life. Must read for all mystery lovers. Highly recommended for other fiction readers. I think there is enough description of change-ringing to be of interest to readers of light non-fiction as well, but probably not enough for those non-ficiton readers who prefer the hard-hitters (Durant's Story of Civilization, etc...).

No comments: