Friday, June 09, 2006

The Hot Zone

(Whew! Gonna take awhile to catch up - I've read a lot since I last posted, but didn't have time to add anything what with having to pull off my wedding and everything. At last I'm feeling more sane and am ready to work on catching up my blog here.)

The Hot Zone by Richard Preston is very well written, though extremely graphic descriptions of the course Ebola Zaire takes through the human body. If you like medical thrillers and are interested in a series of true (and somewhat harrowing) anecdotes tied up neatly together, you will love this book. I will admit I enjoyed the feeling of squeamishness and slight paranoia that the book leaves you with.

Recommended. Highly recommended for anyone who likes medical thrillers or (perhaps) true crime - it is a medical thriller, but reads a little like true crime.

No comments: