Sunday, January 13, 2013

Foxfire #2

Foxfire 2 (Hardcover) (Foxfire)Foxfire 2 (Hardcover) by Eliot Wigginton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really interesting. I like that they included diagrams and measurements when they were available. I also liked the mix of instructive or just interesting oral history (like the part about midwives and the part about ghosts & ghost stories) and how-to. I am going to copy parts of the section on edible spring plants & how to prepare them. There's a lot of them that I've known you could eat for a really long time, but didn't know how to prepare other than to eat a few leaves (or seeds or whatever) raw. Also the recipe for violet jelly. Interesting. :)

Recommended for hipster urban farmers, homesteaders, and other people who just want to read (but not "do") the olde days.

View all my reviews

No comments: