Saturday, January 20, 2007

An Ordinary Man


Paul Rusesabagina is most well known in the United States as being the hotel manager depicted in Hotel Rwanda. This book is his own account of the events during Rwanda's genocide. Very well-written & I'd say impossible not to be moved by the horror or the survival of the hotel's guests. Definitely well worth reading. I can't say too much about it, as I feel my words are meaningless in comparison.

Must read for everyone who believes in human rights & current events. Probably should be read by those who are inclined to think that what's on the news doesn't affect them. I would say that the book would be a benefit to teenagers who are growing up as global citizens, but should probably be read with adult guidance - or someone to turn to & ask questions of (whether it's in a classroom, with family, or a pastor, etc..).

No comments: